Movies for Today

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004) dir. Michel Gondry
“We met at the wrong time. That’s what I keep telling myself anyway. Maybe one day years from now, we’ll meet in a coffee shop in a far away city somewhere and we could give it another shot.”

After a painful breakup, Clementine undergoes a procedure to erase memories of Joel from her mind. When Joel discovers that Clementine is going to extremes to forget their relationship, he undergoes the same procedure and slowly begins to forget the woman that he loved. 





The Fountain (2006) dir. Darren Aronofsky
“For every shadow, no matter how deep, is threatened by morning light.”

An odyssey about one man's thousand-year struggle to save the woman he loves, The Fountain follows Thomas as he feverishly travels through three distinct eras: as a 16th century conquistador battling a fierce Mayan army, as a present-day scientist searching for a cure for his wife's mortal disease and as a future explorer seeking to uncover the secrets of a dying star. 




The Science of Sleep (2006) dir. Michel Gondry

“Would you marry me when we are seventy? You have nothing to lose.”




 After his father's death, Stephane moves to France. He finds possible soulmate next-door neighbor Stephanie. A journey through a young man's dreams and desires, it's at once strange, resistant to interpretation and lyrical.




 Mr. Nobody (2009) dir. Jaco Van Dormael 

"I am not afraid of dying, I'm afraid I haven't been alive enough."



This is the story of Nemo. 118 years old last mortal on earth. As he narrates three stages of his life. He thinks about the lives he might've led. 




 Candy (2006) dir. Neil Armfield

 "I couldn't think, I couldn't breathe. I was waiting for her to come back, because she was everything... she was everything to me."



A poet falls in love with an art student. Film is about two heroin addicts in love. They are living carefree life as young lovers.  

Post a Comment

0 Comments